We take the privacy of your information seriously and this policy explains how we collect and use personal data collected via this website.
Data ControllerThe data controller responsible for this website is Barracott Plants, Old Orchard, Calstock Road, Gunnislake, Cornwall PL18 9AA
Information we collect
- We collect personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone number and email address when you submit an enquiry using our Enquiry form.
- We also collect information about you when you make an order via the shop on this website.
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address
- How you found our website
- The number of times you visited our website
- The pages that you visit
How your information is used
We may use your data for the following reasons:
- To respond to your request
- To deal with your order.
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products/services
We do not sell your information to third parties. We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Retention of data
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information or for as long as the law requires us to.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
You may also lodge a complaint with a supervising authority in the Member State where you habitually reside or work or where a breach has taken place. Details for the Office of the Information Commissioner in the UK are available at https://ico.org.uk
Links to other websites
We may provide links to other websites from our own website. We
no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of
or statement of other websites prior to using them.
Use of online ordering on this web site requires the use of session cookies to ensure that any items you add to your shopping cart and any other details you have entered are remembered when you move from page to page within the web site. This is how we keep a record of what you want to order and of your details until you finish ordering and want to confirm your order. The session cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. The next time you visit this web site, it will not recognise you and will treat you as a completely new visitor. If you wish to use online ordering, you should ensure that your browser is configured to accept cookies.
If you do not want to accept the session cookies, you will not be able to order online - please telephone instead.
Changes to this policy
on this website
Last updated 15/9/21